Supplied by Great Eastern Railway Society.
Sample Way and Works Committee Minutes:-
• Stores ordered £1,938. Accounts due £6,442.7.1.
• Yarmouth South Town. Siding for Jewson & Sons, Timber Merchants. Cost 150. Jewsons to pay 5% per annum.
• Chingford to Highgate Road Service commenced - short siding required at Chingford. Cost £180. Approved.
• Whittlesford. Weighbridge required. Cost £70. Approved.
• Tufnell Park Cattle Depot. Pens required. Tender from Baylis, Jones & Baylis @ £3,100. Approved.
• Norwich Victoria station. Goods Office additions to cost �80. Approved.
• Hoe Street Goods Yard. A crane required (goods in 1884 was 16,298 tons). A crane from Blackwall to cost £54 for moving and fixing. Agreed.
• Signal box between Beccles & Brampton. Piloting of fish trains: crossover required to enable pilot loco. to return for next train. Total cost £415. Approved.
Sample Traffic Committee Minutes:-
16 September 1863
• Continental Traffic: the Manager reported on hiring vessels for the start of the Harwich - Rotterdam service on 1st. Oct.; to make further enquiries and report to Committee on 24th. Sep.
• Lowestoft Pier Toll receipts for Aug. 1862, 1863 submitted; Manager to report on course to be adopted aiming to take full control of the Pier and the Reading Rooms.
• Claims against Goods Dept. for fortnight ending 12th. Sep. amounting to £128/18/11 passed to Chief Accountant for examination.
BY THE SUPERINTENDENT
• Casualties: Goods Guard Cockerton's arm crushed between buffers of two trucks at Audley End station on 31st. Aug.; one of Booking Clerk Bennett's legs severely injured by wheels of a truck passing over it at Manningtree on 8th. Sep.
• Conviction of Mr. Matthews for being drunk on GERy premises at Manningtree.
• Lynn & Hunstanton Rlwy.: settlement of claims amounting to £1489/10/- for injuries sustained by 38 people in the accident on 3rd. Aug. approved [details of each claim in Minutes]; six cases of fatal accident and seven of personal injuries remain to be settled.