Supplied by JiGrah Resources.
The original paper copy of this map was published by G W May.
It is the type of map which has a “tape measure” (the end of which can be seen in the top two map scans) to locate streets rather than a grid system.
Coverage is from Hermitage Road in the north to Stonesby Avenue in the south and from the Braunstone Park in the west to Humberstone & Crown Hills in the east.
The original map carries no date so dating has been estimated from the included text. This mentions that the Philharmonic Society was conducted by Sir Henry Wood (who ceased to do so in 1934) and describes Braunstone Park as “recently purchased” by the Corporation.
The map is scanned onto the CD, at 200 DPI resolution, as 4 overlapping tiles. In addition, there is a description of the city, a street index and 18 local advertisements.